Friday, December 15, 2006

Fun weekend

I am so sorry I am not out in blog world lately. I wish everyone a wonderful holiday season. My holidays are kinda ruined by a sick amount of work that was forced upon us at school involving essays... Tons of grading and stress. I will be so glad when this is over.

I did have a fun saturday last weekend in Williamsburg, Brooklyn. My veg friend and I went to BUST's Craftacular at the Warsaw for the second year in a row. They are all about DIY (do it yourself) and tons of cool vendors sell fun stuff. I got some great soaps, earrings, presents for people...
We also got a free issue of their fabulous magazine, that is usually very veg friendly. Parker Posey is on the cover this time...


After the craftacular, we walked over to the new Fred Flare store. They were having a carnival of cute and Amy Sedaris was there (from Stangers with Candy)... We bought her new book (not veg friendly so much) about hostessing and she signed it for us :)


Then we hopped in the car, and drove over to Food Swings. It is a vegan fast food restaurant in Brooklyn in a veggie friendly area. We happily ate our mock fried chicken- with a wooden dowel in it, with mac and cheeze and mashed potatoes and slurped our vegan milk shakes- YUM! We had a great day!
Now back to work.... UGHHH!

12 Comments:

Blogger Carrie™ said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

12/17/2006 12:01 PM  
Blogger Carrie™ said...

Oh Karen, I hear ya! I've had 3 days off so far this month. Work, work, work!! I'll take it now because in January, things really slow down. Sounds like you also had a nice day with your friend. Don't get too bogged down over the holidays. Try to have some fun and eat some good food! Pets to Penny!

**That was me with the post above. I left out a couple of key words, so I just typed a new comment. DUH!

12/17/2006 12:04 PM  
Blogger urban vegan said...

That's a great issue. I want to crochet the shopping bag from plastic bags that they feature. Parker Posey is one of my fave actresses.

12/17/2006 12:25 PM  
Blogger Vanessa said...

Hey Karen - it's nice to see you got a chance to have some fun! I went to the bust craft fair last year...I got some presents, but mostly ended up buying for myself because everything was so awesome! Happy Holidays.

12/18/2006 12:56 PM  
Blogger jess (of Get Sconed!) said...

That is a great weekend! I went to a craft fair last weekend to buy a present for my friend, who happens to live in NY as well.

12/18/2006 6:45 PM  
Blogger Dori said...

I did have a fun saturday last weekend in Williamsburg, Brooklyn


I read this and did a double take.... I like in a little town called Brooklyn AND williamsburg is a 20 minute drive away. :) I have heard the comment that busy hands are happy hands .... soundsl ike your hands are hilarious! Hope you have a merry christmas.

12/18/2006 7:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

have a good holidays!

12/21/2006 9:07 AM  
Blogger Tanya Kristine said...

is amy david's sister?

12/21/2006 2:02 PM  
Blogger karen said...

Thanks for your comments everyone! I am looking forward to a week off soon!

TK- Yes- I believe she is David's sister...

12/21/2006 3:35 PM  
Blogger Tanya Kristine said...

yeah...i saw'r that. after i got of fyour site i checked out. how very cool. david is HILARIUOS. and of course so is his sister...

MERRY CHRISTMAS YOU AND PENNY!!!

12/23/2006 3:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Holidays Karen and best wishes for 2007

Geraldine

12/23/2006 3:36 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

Oh my how I love that Sedaris family -- all bustling with talent!

1/27/2007 11:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home