Saturday, September 09, 2006

My top 5 fav foods

I was tagged by Carrie awhile back. I have been so busy with getting back to school and teaching and being tired and prepping for art history- sigh... It is finally the weekend and the guy I am seeing went to the shore with his friends... sigh again... So here I am- I had a great birthday, it was an awesome massage at the spa. I just got back from a pedi and a manicure this afternoon. My club at schol 'For the Animals' will be doing their annual food and supply drive for our local shelter in October, so we have to get ready for that. We put drop boxes in the classrooms of all participating teachers and pack everything up for the h.s.- we usually get tons of stuff! Before I get back to paperwork, here we go: Blogger is only letting me post one pic at a time, and stopped after 2, then I lost one of them~ So Annoying!!

My top five fav in no particular order...

1. Homemade chocolate dipped strawberries. Last time I made these, I used a bar of Tropical Source dark chocolate with hazelnuts- YUM! My father loves dark chocolate and he loved them! Everyone said the chocolate was so rich...

2. Tofutti Cuties. Yes- I know they have high fructose corn syrup in them. But I love them... I get the vanilla ones. I have yet to try the peanut butter or fancy flavors because they don't carry them around here.

3. Homemade seitan from VwaV. Love it sooo much pan fried in cast iron and crispy.

4. Stirfry. Whenever I don't know what to cook, I chop up some onions, peppers, mushrooms, zucchini, broccoli and carrots and add tofu or seitan or morn star farms steak strips with some rice or noodles and there is dinner... I chop up veggies like zucchini and peppers and store them in zip lock bags in my freezer. When I need to make this fast, I just take handfulls of prepped veggies and dinner is ready fast.

5. Rice noodles. My new fav obsession. I buy them from trader joes and use them with the above mentioned stirfry or seitan or with broth for a slurpy meal.

Not the healthiest stuff, but my fav foods at the current moment.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love your top 5..

Have fun with your new school year!

Teachers are very unappreciated..

melody
melomeals.blogspot.com

9/09/2006 8:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

your fav foods looks great. I found myself knoding my head as i read. who cares if they aren't the healthiest...as long as you get some of that stuff too!

megan the vegan

9/10/2006 11:10 PM  
Blogger Vanessa said...

Great choices! I loves me a good strawberry, and it's even better with chocolate! I think you've just convinced me to try homemade seitan! How long does it take?

9/11/2006 10:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mmm, chocolate dipped strawberries. Luscious!!

Hmm, I haven't had Cuties in a long time and I'm sure they've changed the formula, but my mom used to buy them (about 4 or 5 years ago), and let's just say I don't have good memories of them.

Good list!

9/11/2006 11:02 PM  
Blogger Harmonia said...

I really need to look into Rice Noodles! Great list!

9/12/2006 9:51 AM  
Blogger Carrieā„¢ said...

I had mentioned strawberries dipped in chocolate on my blog, so I'm right there with ya! Seiten from VwaV...yum! I have some in my freezer. I try to keep stocked up with that. Rice noodles are kick-ass! I'm especially hooked on Pad Thai with tofu & those noodles in a stir-fry are fantastic. Thanks for taking the time to participate Karen. I love the "For The Animals" club idea. How great are you?

9/14/2006 10:32 PM  
Blogger Tanya Kristine said...

Mmm...pan fried seitan...i'll have to try that. makes sense...cooks out all the water.

9/18/2006 6:21 PM  
Blogger Vicki's Vegan Vice said...

your list makes me hungry -- the strawberries look soo good & w/hazelnuts sounds way over the top. i need to season our cast iron for the next batch of seitan -- that's a great recipe.

i've taken the last 3 years off teaching -- even though it's really hectic, i miss the beginning of the school year and all the excitement and hope it brings. your club sounds very rewarding. :o)

9/26/2006 11:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Karen!!! Where are you?! How are you!?

10/01/2006 1:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home