Monday, October 02, 2006

I'm still around

I have been buried under paperwork from school. 5 weeks is coming up and I have been grading projects, doing paperwork, grading art history papers and working on my lectures. Anyone who thinks teaching is a part time job has no idea what we do. My club I run, For the Animals, is getting ready for our Humane Society Drive and we are getting press in our paper this year afterwards. I got permission from my principal and I just got ahold of the women who does the "Shelter tails" column. The kids are VERY excited and so is the humane society!

Sorry no pictures, but I made a Stroganoff with Morning Star crumbles and Tofutti better than sour cream, with no hydrogenated oils. It has onions, mushrooms, mushroom gravy and white wine in it. I served it over whole wheat noodles. Yum! I also tried Wholesoy frozen yogurt in swiss dark chocoloate and it was fantastic! Just made some seitan this morning too.

I have been around the blogs, but very frustrated over the stupid beta thing. I guess I will have to break down and just do it soon. Did a trip to Trader Joe's and Xmas tree shops again on Saturday in Danbury and that was the highight of my 3 day weekend. Went to a Met's game with some friends last weekend and they won. We had a fun time. Dating sucks...

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Karen, sooooo glad to see you post. I figgered you're busy with school and the kids. Love to know about the Humane Society sitch you're working on. And happy to hear the kids are excited about it!

Both of my sisters are teachers and my mom was a teacher for about 20 years, so i know...

How was the Mets game!?

NY Mets vs. San Diego Padres may be upcoming... I've been to Shea Stadium, though it was many, MANY years ago. IN good ol' Flushing... planes flying by constantly, that's what i recall most.

Dating DOES suck, argh! :o( I was the poster child for bad dates and bad (REALLY bad) relationships for much of my dating life, that is for sure!

Your stroganoff sounds SO good. Yummy! What kind of seitan did you make!?

*HUGS*

10/03/2006 12:10 AM  
Blogger Harmonia said...

Sounds like a fun time...a baseball game! This is the first year I haven't been to a game in years! boo-who. :(

Wishing you luck on all of your work! Remember to take time for yourself! ;)

10/03/2006 9:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your stroganoff sounds much like mine, and very good. :) I love stroganoff. I never liked the beef in my mother's recipe, so making it vegan now is just perfect. ;)

Good luck in all that you're doing :)

10/03/2006 1:44 PM  
Blogger funwithyourfood said...

Dating is super hard! Urg. but it'll happen. it always does

teddy

10/03/2006 10:47 PM  
Blogger Vicki's Vegan Vice said...

Boy, are you busy! I totally understand - I taught for 8 years & the school year is a frenzied pace. Congrats on getting press for the H.S. Drive - that's great that everyone is excited!

10/10/2006 11:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope all is well! MISSING YOU, KAREN!!

hugs,
Karen

11/06/2006 2:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home