Saturday, December 23, 2006

Broccolli Raabe


Ok, I have to admit I now know I don't like this stuff... My friend suggested I make it with veggie sausage. I browned the sausage first. Then I sauteed the broccoli raabe with olive oil and salt and pepper and garlic. Then I added diced tomatoes and served it over fiori pasta. I was able to get through a few bites before pulling all the broccoli raabe and leaves out of the dish and ate the rest. It was good without it.

My friend Kris came up today with her boyfriend to do our gift exchange and we went to Pure City (vegan chinese) for lunch today... And Kris gave me a really cool mat and nat wallet and a Christopher Radko hand blown glass ornament. Mat and Nat is way cool vegan vinyl.

Have a wonderful holiday everyone...

6 Comments:

Blogger Carrieā„¢ said...

I must confess....I've never had broccoli rabe because I'm not sure how to cook it or what parts to eat. The "broccoli-looking" parts? the leafy parts? the stems? All of it? Isn't it a bit bitter tasting? The dish looks good, too bad it wasn't your thing.
I hope you had a great holiday and are getting a bit of a rest from all the school work. And a very happy 2007! Hugs to Penny!

12/28/2006 1:10 PM  
Blogger urban vegan said...

Oh, too bad. I <3 broccoli rabe. It's more bitter than one might expect, but I tend to like bitter greens.

On to better, less bitter things for you!

Happy New Year!

1/04/2007 2:25 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

i looooove broccoli rabe!

2/06/2007 9:48 AM  
Blogger Tanya Kristine said...

i think i'll try it now...i like bitter things too...like my men.

2/13/2007 3:19 PM  
Blogger KleoPatra said...

Hi Karen... i'm back! Wherefore art thou!?!?!

xoxoxo
K

2/20/2007 8:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This looks and sounds delish! Thanks for sharing. G

9/22/2007 12:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home