Friday, July 21, 2006

Leftovers


Last night I had a date at this great restaurant in Cornwall on the Hudson. I have been going to Painter's Tavern for many years, even having my parties there when I got my BS and my MS degrees. Painters showcases local artists, painters, photographers and installation artists.

Although, I wasn't too interested in my date, I did have a free fabulous meal :) This is all of my leftovers, with some organic corn. Painters has always been extremely veggie friendly- they make lots of dishes, including veggie chili and will serve a big vegetarian nacho platter with it that is awesome. I ordered a dragon bowl with tofu. They grill the tofu- I requested it well done- I don't like my tofu mushy unless it is meant to be- like miso soup. It has broccoli, carrots and snow peas, noodles and a peanut sauce with chopped nuts on top- YUM! My last food photo was a little tough to see since it was on a stoneware plate. This is a calla lily plate- my fav flower. My everyday china is packed in the attic since I'm at my brother's house.

It is humid and gross outside, we keep the a/c on 24/7 lately. Penny doesn't like to be outside too long, so not many walks. I have still been going to the gym 6 days a week- go me!

3 Comments:

Blogger KleoPatra said...

Go you is right! The gym must actually feel great since they probably crank up the air conditioning.

Sorry the date wasn't all that but you got some good lookin' food there! And that counts too!!

I like my tofu well done also!!! I am not one for mushy tofu like the kind in miso soup... not quite for me even though that's how it is supposed to be for the soup's "vibe."

Calla lilies are eternally, incredibly lovely. They're one of my fave flowers as well...

What's your plan for the weekend, Karen?!

7/21/2006 8:11 PM  
Blogger TS said...

Way to go on the gym workouts! That is harder than anything I do, since I do it all at home. If I had to go somewhere, I'd still be 30 lbs overweight. ;)

I so wish we had more veggie friendly restaurants around here. I envy you that do. I guess it keeps me from eating out too much, though.

I love all lilies. The lilies in my yard probably are tiger lilies. I had some different lilies before and they bloomed in June. My favorites are stargazers, though. :)

Poor Penny with the heat and humidity. It's rough on my dogs, too. We had a nice cool morning this morning so I took them to the park. Hope it cools down for you a bit here soon.

7/22/2006 3:34 PM  
Blogger funwithyourfood said...

those are some fine lookin leftovers

teddy

7/22/2006 11:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home