Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Last Day with the kids




Today was our last day of classes with our students. Kinda sad, kinda glad it's over. Now they will take final exams and I will be proctoring, doing grades and cleaning my art room- lots to do still!

On the last day we make them clean. We call it their "task" and make it worth points toward their final exam grade. They don't grumble very much, because all the art teachers do it. To make it nicer, on the way home from the gym last night I stopped at the market. I spent way too much on fruit, and snacks for them. Cookies, brownies, coffee cake and donuts- Definitely NOT vegan...

I was so surprised that many of them attacked the fruit- strawberries, grapes, apples and bananas. I cleaned all the fruit the night before and put it in a nice big bowl for them.

4 Comments:

Blogger KleoPatra said...

Awww, Karen, that was really cool of you. Why didn't I have more teachers like you when I was a kid??

My two sisters are both teachers, as was my mom for many, many years, and I know how much money they have spent out of pocket... well, not an exact amount, but like your blog name, a pretty penny to be sure!

Hope you will not be too sad missing the kiddies. Bet you can't wait to start preparations for the fall!! (A teacher's fun never ends!)

6/14/2006 3:23 AM  
Blogger Tanya Kristine said...

what a nice teacher. and what a great job! now you have the summer off to play!!! woo hoooo!!!

i wish i was a techer. i used to always play one when i was littel. i loved it.

6/14/2006 11:51 AM  
Blogger funwithyourfood said...

yum fruits!
that was nice of you. nice and tastey :)

Teddy

6/20/2006 11:53 PM  
Blogger KleoPatra said...

Come back, Karen!

7/01/2006 11:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home