Saturday, May 20, 2006

I liked it

So- I liked it. It was a little slow in the beginning, but I thought it followed the book rather closely. It was awesome to be back inside the Louvre and around Paris- I haven't been there in 3 years. Plus images of London too. I love reading a book and then seeing the images come alive on the screen. It has been almost a year since I read the book, so I forgot some stuff with the many twists and turns in the plot. I'm glad I ignore critics reviews- pfft... I really enjoyed the religous perspective, I guess as someone who is not Christian, but teaches art history (filled with religous images) I found the concepts rather refreshing (regarding Mary Magdalene). Overall it was visually beautiful. Go see it...

5 Comments:

Blogger KleoPatra said...

I haven't read the book, and I'm Jewish, but even so, I very much want to see this.

Someday I hope to visit Paris. One of my sisters lives in London, so it's not that far, when I go see her (someday soon, I hope)... Haven't been there since 1998!

Thank you for the movie review, Karen.

5/20/2006 1:17 AM  
Blogger Tanya Kristine said...

oh good...my BF totally wants to see this. iput in on my netflix but maybe i'll actually see it in a theater.

and someday I hope to see paris too!

5/22/2006 12:24 PM  
Blogger karen said...

Paris is everything you have heard! I went to the Louvre, the Musee de Orsay, the Eiffel Tower, Notre Dame, shopping on the Champs des Elysées (only thing I could afford was a swatch I love!). I saw Versailles. I even did a night boat ride on the Seine. It was awesome, but Parisians seemed very unfriendly to me! And I am very careful about my behavior- no obnoxious American here!

5/23/2006 7:31 PM  
Blogger Tanya Kristine said...

hey karen...i made the mushroom sun dried tomato risotto from wvav and it was delish!

i'm going to the farmers market today to pick out some veggies and then i'll try another one tonight.

yay!

how was the chickpea gravy thing?

5/25/2006 11:52 AM  
Blogger Tanya Kristine said...

um...time for a new post. i'm bored.

5/26/2006 7:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home